Student stabbed to death, curfew imposed in Dungarpur
Dungarpur: An indefinite curfew was
on Thursday imposed in this township of Rajasthan following communal
tension after a stabbing incident in which one student was
killed, a senior police official said.
The victim was identified as Yogendra Singh, a class
XI student of a private senior secondary school in the Kotwali
area, Superintendent of Police D S Chundawat told PTI.
He was attacked by motorcycle-borne with a sharp-edged
weapon, adding on way to hospital the victim succumbed to his
Immediately, mobs began brick batting and damaging
public property in the area, the SP said.
Extra force was called from Udaipur division and
indefinite curfew was imposed, he said.
Two persons were rounded up for questioning, he said.
The situation is tense but under control in the city,
the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug