Student stabbed to death, curfew imposed in Dungarpur
Dungarpur: An indefinite curfew was
on Thursday imposed in this township of Rajasthan following communal
tension after a stabbing incident in which one student was
killed, a senior police official said.
The victim was identified as Yogendra Singh, a class
XI student of a private senior secondary school in the Kotwali
area, Superintendent of Police D S Chundawat told PTI.
He was attacked by motorcycle-borne with a sharp-edged
weapon, adding on way to hospital the victim succumbed to his
Immediately, mobs began brick batting and damaging
public property in the area, the SP said.
Extra force was called from Udaipur division and
indefinite curfew was imposed, he said.
Two persons were rounded up for questioning, he said.
The situation is tense but under control in the city,
the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price