Student stabbed to death, curfew imposed in Dungarpur
Dungarpur: An indefinite curfew was
on Thursday imposed in this township of Rajasthan following communal
tension after a stabbing incident in which one student was
killed, a senior police official said.
The victim was identified as Yogendra Singh, a class
XI student of a private senior secondary school in the Kotwali
area, Superintendent of Police D S Chundawat told PTI.
He was attacked by motorcycle-borne with a sharp-edged
weapon, adding on way to hospital the victim succumbed to his
Immediately, mobs began brick batting and damaging
public property in the area, the SP said.
Extra force was called from Udaipur division and
indefinite curfew was imposed, he said.
Two persons were rounded up for questioning, he said.
The situation is tense but under control in the city,
the SP said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- 'Revamped' Varanasi ghats to go green - PM Modi set to distribute e-boats to boatmen of Ganga
- Air travellers to get refund on development fee for tickets booked beyond April 30
- Waqar Younis blames Shahid Afridi for T20 losses, wants Umar Akmal axed from team
- 35 mn talked about Indian assembly polls on Facebook; BJP most discussed party
- Sensex sweats as BoJ holds off on stimulus, skids 160 points