Student stabbed to death, curfew imposed in Dungarpur
Dungarpur: An indefinite curfew was
on Thursday imposed in this township of Rajasthan following communal
tension after a stabbing incident in which one student was
killed, a senior police official said.
The victim was identified as Yogendra Singh, a class
XI student of a private senior secondary school in the Kotwali
area, Superintendent of Police D S Chundawat told PTI.
He was attacked by motorcycle-borne with a sharp-edged
weapon, adding on way to hospital the victim succumbed to his
Immediately, mobs began brick batting and damaging
public property in the area, the SP said.
Extra force was called from Udaipur division and
indefinite curfew was imposed, he said.
Two persons were rounded up for questioning, he said.
The situation is tense but under control in the city,
the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'