Student stabbed to death, curfew imposed in Dungarpur
Dungarpur: An indefinite curfew was
on Thursday imposed in this township of Rajasthan following communal
tension after a stabbing incident in which one student was
killed, a senior police official said.
The victim was identified as Yogendra Singh, a class
XI student of a private senior secondary school in the Kotwali
area, Superintendent of Police D S Chundawat told PTI.
He was attacked by motorcycle-borne with a sharp-edged
weapon, adding on way to hospital the victim succumbed to his
Immediately, mobs began brick batting and damaging
public property in the area, the SP said.
Extra force was called from Udaipur division and
indefinite curfew was imposed, he said.
Two persons were rounded up for questioning, he said.
The situation is tense but under control in the city,
the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid