Sulking Krishna to skip Cong Chintan Shivir at Jaipur
New Delhi: A sulking former Union minister SM Krishna, who was recently made a permanent invitee of Congress Working Committee, will skip the party`s Chintan Shivir in Jaipur this week.
Sources said Krishna, who also heads one of the sub-groups of the Shivir on `India and the World (Foreign Policy)`, has expressed inability to attend the party`s brainstorming meet.
He has told the party leadership that he had already given his agreement to attend a programme in Vietnam.
Krishna was made head of the sub-group in the last week December.
Sources close to Krishna, however, said he had already given his consent to attend a conference in Vietnam on January 18 and 19 for which he was invited by that country`s foreign minister.
The talk in Karnataka Congress is that 81-year-old Krishna is keen on another shot in power in the state, where he had earlier been Chief Minister. As the BJP-ruled state goes to polls in the next few months, Krishna wanted the party leadership to project him as its next PCC chief and chief ministerial face.
The sub-group `India and the World`, which will draft the party resolution on foreign affairs, has besides Krishna, Minister of External Affairs Salman Khurshid, Anand Sharma, Shashi Tharoor, Jyotiraditya Scindia, former Mizoram Chief Minister Lalthanhawla and a minister in Jammu and Kashmir government Nawang Rigzin Jora.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened