Surat police in Jaipur, Ratlam to collect clues against Narayan Sai
Surat: The Surat police approached a local court for a non-bailable warrant against self-styled godman Asaram`s son Narayan Sai who is on the run and sent teams to Jaipur and Ratlam to search for him after a complaint of sexual assault lodged by two sisters against the father-son duo.
"We have approached a local court for a non-bailable warrant against Sai in connection with the sexual assault case registered against him in Jehangirpura police station here," Surat Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana said.
Asthana also said police teams have been sent to Jaipur and Ratlam to search for Sai.
Yesterday, a Surat police team had raided Asaram`s ashram in Delhi to search for Sai.
Surat police had recently registered two complaints - one against Asaram and another against Sai - for rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges, as alleged by the two sisters.
The younger of the two sisters had filed a complaint against Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005, when she lived in Asaram`s Surat ashram.
Narayan Sai had filed for anticipatory bail plea in a court here and hearing on his plea would begin tomorrow, after the prosecution demanded more time to file a detailed reply.
Sai and Asaram had also filed petitions in the Gujarat High Court seeking quashing of complaints lodged against them on the grounds of delay in filing the complaints as well as the "frivolous" grounds on which they were lodged. The petitions have not been taken up for hearing so far.
- Cyber-bullying increases aggression in teenagers: Study
- AMAZING! What happened when some Indians were asked to tear up Tricolour for Rs 1000 - WATCH
- Shivil Kaushik: Six interesting facts you need to know about Gujarat Lions' left-arm mystery spinner
- Iran's new parliament has more women than clerics
- RBI chief blames ‘overall economic downturn’ for bad loan issue as PAC asks to explain ‘real causes’