Swine flu: Raj Govt gives Dist Collectors spl powers
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Government has
implemented provisions of an Act to prevent spread of H1N1
virus and ensure effective treatment.
`The Rajasthan Epidemic Disease Act-1957` empowers
district collectors to take immediate measures in the event of
"The Act would empower collectors to take special
measures and prescribe regulations as to dangerous epidemic
diseases," Medical and Health Minister I Ahmed "durru miyan"
said here today.
If any one is found flouting hygiene norms leading to
spread of swine flu, collectors can impose penalty on any
individual or institution, the minister said.
All public places including bus stands, railway
stations, cinema halls and schools would fall under this Act.
Meanwhile, H1N1 today claimed another life while 48
people tested positive for the virus. The deceased is
identified as Santosh in Jaipur, a medical official said.
So far, 96 people have died of this disease in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie