Tainted Kataria, Rathore among 12 new Rajasthan ministers
Jaipur: The seven-day-old Vasundhra Raje ministry in Rajasthan was expanded on Friday with the induction of 12 BJP MLAs, two of them tainted in high-profile murder cases.
Of those sworn in today by Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva in Raj Bhawan, nine are in the cabinet rank and the rest are Ministers of State with independent charges.
G C Kataria, a former Home Minister during in previous term of Raje, is accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case of Gujarat in which CBI has filed a supplementary charge sheet against him early this year.
A Mumbai court has granted him an anticipatory bail.
Kataria has been inducted as cabinet minister.
BJP MLA Rajendra Singh Rathore, also inducted as a cabinet minister, was arrested and sent to jail by CBI in connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case. A Jaipur court later discharged him in a controversial order even before charges were framed against him.
Others sworn in as cabinet ministers are - Kalicharan Saraf, Kailash Meghwal, Sanwar Lal Jat, Prabhu Lal Saini, Gajendra Singh Kheenvsar, Yunus Khan and Nandlal Meena. All of them are former ministers.
The three new MoS with independent charge are Arun Chaturvedi, Ajay Singh and Hemsingh Bhadana.
60-year-old Raje, who led BJP to a landslide victory in Rajasthan Assembly polls, was sworn-in as the Chief Minister for the second time on December 13. BJP has won 163 of the 200 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what