Tainted Kataria, Rathore among 12 new Rajasthan ministers
Jaipur: The seven-day-old Vasundhra Raje ministry in Rajasthan was expanded on Friday with the induction of 12 BJP MLAs, two of them tainted in high-profile murder cases.
Of those sworn in today by Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva in Raj Bhawan, nine are in the cabinet rank and the rest are Ministers of State with independent charges.
G C Kataria, a former Home Minister during in previous term of Raje, is accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case of Gujarat in which CBI has filed a supplementary charge sheet against him early this year.
A Mumbai court has granted him an anticipatory bail.
Kataria has been inducted as cabinet minister.
BJP MLA Rajendra Singh Rathore, also inducted as a cabinet minister, was arrested and sent to jail by CBI in connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case. A Jaipur court later discharged him in a controversial order even before charges were framed against him.
Others sworn in as cabinet ministers are - Kalicharan Saraf, Kailash Meghwal, Sanwar Lal Jat, Prabhu Lal Saini, Gajendra Singh Kheenvsar, Yunus Khan and Nandlal Meena. All of them are former ministers.
The three new MoS with independent charge are Arun Chaturvedi, Ajay Singh and Hemsingh Bhadana.
60-year-old Raje, who led BJP to a landslide victory in Rajasthan Assembly polls, was sworn-in as the Chief Minister for the second time on December 13. BJP has won 163 of the 200 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued