Teenaged siblings found murdered in Bundi
Bundi: A 14-year-old girl and her younger brother were found murdered in the forests of Gulkhedi village in the district.
The deaths of Mena and Laxman (12), both residents of Gulkhedi village, led to protests by locals, in which a police officer was injured.
They bore marks inflicted by sharp weapons on their heads, necks and backs, Inspector General of Police (IG), Kota Range, Amrit Kalash, said.
The two had failed to return home from their school in Khatkad on Tuesday evening after which their parents complained yesterday that they were missing. Their bodies were recovered during a police search operation.
"The family members of the deceased are denying any past rivalry with anyone and the local villagers are also tight lipped," Dy SP Ranu Sharma said.
Police have lodged a case against unidentified accused. The bodies have been handed over to the parents for last rites after post-mortem.
Protesting the deaths, locals had blocked the Bundi- Lekhari link road for over two hours, not allowing the bodies to be sent for post-mortem.
Additional SP NL Pavan received injuries on his ribs when the demonstration turned violent and was admitted to hospital.
The villagers agreed for the post-mortem only when they were assured of speedy action by the district officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!
- Argentine FA hope for Lionel Messi international U-turn
- Sebastian Vettel confident of Ferrari future despite James Allison exit
- Paes story: Seven-up Leander has Olympic Games in blood