Teenager raped by school clerk for a year
Bundi: A 16-year-old girl student was allegedly raped by a clerk in her school in the district for a year on the pretext of releasing her scholarship.
The girl has filed a complaint against Bhawani Shanker Saini, a Lower Departmental Clerk (LDC) at the government senior secondary school in Pech ki Bawari, police said today.
The standard X student approached Hindoli police station with her father yesterday and filed a complaint against the clerk alleging that he took her to a hotel in nearby Deoli town on March 12 and raped her there, Superintendent of Police, Bundi, Priti Chandra said.
In her complaint, the girl said he had been sexually exploiting her for the last one year in the name of releasing government scholarship from the school, police said.
A case of rape was lodged against him and he has been taken into custody for interrogation.
The accused has been suspended and the principal of government girls senior secondary school, Ramdevli Meena, directed to initiate departmental inquiry in the matter, District Education Officer (DEO), secondary setup, Radhashyam Laddha said.
Saini had joined Rajasthan government service about two-and-a-half-years ago and has completed the probationary period, the official said.
In over a week, this is the third case where rape by employees of educational institutions in the district has been alleged.
A case was lodged against an English teacher of a government secondary school at Cheta village on March 12 for allegedly raping a 14-year-old student.
On March 9, the in-charge of a senior secondary public school in Gothra village was booked for allegedly raping a female teacher of his institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Direct entry for Hindu migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh in MBBS, BE courses
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: NADA hearing to continue on Thursday
- Govt says only pulses prices have increased; Opposition protests
- RBI imposes Rs 27-crore penalty on 13 banks
- ACHIEVEMENT! Anurag Thakur to join Territorial Army; will be 1st serving BJP MP to join military force