Teenager raped by school clerk for a year
Bundi: A 16-year-old girl student was allegedly raped by a clerk in her school in the district for a year on the pretext of releasing her scholarship.
The girl has filed a complaint against Bhawani Shanker Saini, a Lower Departmental Clerk (LDC) at the government senior secondary school in Pech ki Bawari, police said today.
The standard X student approached Hindoli police station with her father yesterday and filed a complaint against the clerk alleging that he took her to a hotel in nearby Deoli town on March 12 and raped her there, Superintendent of Police, Bundi, Priti Chandra said.
In her complaint, the girl said he had been sexually exploiting her for the last one year in the name of releasing government scholarship from the school, police said.
A case of rape was lodged against him and he has been taken into custody for interrogation.
The accused has been suspended and the principal of government girls senior secondary school, Ramdevli Meena, directed to initiate departmental inquiry in the matter, District Education Officer (DEO), secondary setup, Radhashyam Laddha said.
Saini had joined Rajasthan government service about two-and-a-half-years ago and has completed the probationary period, the official said.
In over a week, this is the third case where rape by employees of educational institutions in the district has been alleged.
A case was lodged against an English teacher of a government secondary school at Cheta village on March 12 for allegedly raping a 14-year-old student.
On March 9, the in-charge of a senior secondary public school in Gothra village was booked for allegedly raping a female teacher of his institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon