Teenager raped by school clerk for a year
Bundi: A 16-year-old girl student was allegedly raped by a clerk in her school in the district for a year on the pretext of releasing her scholarship.
The girl has filed a complaint against Bhawani Shanker Saini, a Lower Departmental Clerk (LDC) at the government senior secondary school in Pech ki Bawari, police said today.
The standard X student approached Hindoli police station with her father yesterday and filed a complaint against the clerk alleging that he took her to a hotel in nearby Deoli town on March 12 and raped her there, Superintendent of Police, Bundi, Priti Chandra said.
In her complaint, the girl said he had been sexually exploiting her for the last one year in the name of releasing government scholarship from the school, police said.
A case of rape was lodged against him and he has been taken into custody for interrogation.
The accused has been suspended and the principal of government girls senior secondary school, Ramdevli Meena, directed to initiate departmental inquiry in the matter, District Education Officer (DEO), secondary setup, Radhashyam Laddha said.
Saini had joined Rajasthan government service about two-and-a-half-years ago and has completed the probationary period, the official said.
In over a week, this is the third case where rape by employees of educational institutions in the district has been alleged.
A case was lodged against an English teacher of a government secondary school at Cheta village on March 12 for allegedly raping a 14-year-old student.
On March 9, the in-charge of a senior secondary public school in Gothra village was booked for allegedly raping a female teacher of his institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing