Teenager raped by school clerk for a year
Bundi: A 16-year-old girl student was allegedly raped by a clerk in her school in the district for a year on the pretext of releasing her scholarship.
The girl has filed a complaint against Bhawani Shanker Saini, a Lower Departmental Clerk (LDC) at the government senior secondary school in Pech ki Bawari, police said today.
The standard X student approached Hindoli police station with her father yesterday and filed a complaint against the clerk alleging that he took her to a hotel in nearby Deoli town on March 12 and raped her there, Superintendent of Police, Bundi, Priti Chandra said.
In her complaint, the girl said he had been sexually exploiting her for the last one year in the name of releasing government scholarship from the school, police said.
A case of rape was lodged against him and he has been taken into custody for interrogation.
The accused has been suspended and the principal of government girls senior secondary school, Ramdevli Meena, directed to initiate departmental inquiry in the matter, District Education Officer (DEO), secondary setup, Radhashyam Laddha said.
Saini had joined Rajasthan government service about two-and-a-half-years ago and has completed the probationary period, the official said.
In over a week, this is the third case where rape by employees of educational institutions in the district has been alleged.
A case was lodged against an English teacher of a government secondary school at Cheta village on March 12 for allegedly raping a 14-year-old student.
On March 9, the in-charge of a senior secondary public school in Gothra village was booked for allegedly raping a female teacher of his institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire