Ten of family killed in Rajasthan road accident
Jaipur: Ten members of a family, including three children, were killed when the van they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck in Rajasthan on Friday, police said.
A senior police officer told a news agency that the accident occurred near Reengus in Sikar district, some 80 km from here.
The condition of four people is stated to be critical, he added.
"One of the victims had returned from Saudi Arabia after several years, and the family members had gone to pick him up from Jaipur airport," the officer said.
They were heading towards their home town Khandela when the driver of the van lost control on the Jaipur-Sikar road and rammed into a parked truck.
"Nine of the victims died on the spot, while one succumbed to injuries in hospital. Four others who sustained injuries are undergoing treatment at Jaipur`s SMS Hospital," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror