Ten of family killed in Rajasthan road accident
Jaipur: Ten members of a family, including three children, were killed when the van they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck in Rajasthan on Friday, police said.
A senior police officer told a news agency that the accident occurred near Reengus in Sikar district, some 80 km from here.
The condition of four people is stated to be critical, he added.
"One of the victims had returned from Saudi Arabia after several years, and the family members had gone to pick him up from Jaipur airport," the officer said.
They were heading towards their home town Khandela when the driver of the van lost control on the Jaipur-Sikar road and rammed into a parked truck.
"Nine of the victims died on the spot, while one succumbed to injuries in hospital. Four others who sustained injuries are undergoing treatment at Jaipur`s SMS Hospital," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP