Ten of family killed in Rajasthan road accident
Jaipur: Ten members of a family, including three children, were killed when the van they were travelling in rammed into a stationary truck in Rajasthan on Friday, police said.
A senior police officer told a news agency that the accident occurred near Reengus in Sikar district, some 80 km from here.
The condition of four people is stated to be critical, he added.
"One of the victims had returned from Saudi Arabia after several years, and the family members had gone to pick him up from Jaipur airport," the officer said.
They were heading towards their home town Khandela when the driver of the van lost control on the Jaipur-Sikar road and rammed into a parked truck.
"Nine of the victims died on the spot, while one succumbed to injuries in hospital. Four others who sustained injuries are undergoing treatment at Jaipur`s SMS Hospital," the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'