Ten school children killed in Jaipur mishap
Jaipur: Ten students were killed and over 15 injured, five of them seriously, when their school bus collided with a truck in Rajasthan`s Hanumangarh district on Tuesday.
The incident occurred near Amarsingh Wala village when the bus was on its way to Saraswati School in Goluwala from Surawali with about 40 children, police said.
While seven children were killed on the spot, three succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
The deceased were identified as Gagandeep, Amit, Sarita, Ayush, Amit, Sahil, Rajesh, Nakul, Manju and Lokesh, aged between 9 and 16 years, police said.
The bus driver is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway