Ten school children killed in Jaipur mishap
Jaipur: Ten students were killed and over 15 injured, five of them seriously, when their school bus collided with a truck in Rajasthan`s Hanumangarh district on Tuesday.
The incident occurred near Amarsingh Wala village when the bus was on its way to Saraswati School in Goluwala from Surawali with about 40 children, police said.
While seven children were killed on the spot, three succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
The deceased were identified as Gagandeep, Amit, Sarita, Ayush, Amit, Sahil, Rajesh, Nakul, Manju and Lokesh, aged between 9 and 16 years, police said.
The bus driver is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL