Theft in a Jain temple
Udaipur: A statue of Lord Parshwanath was
stolen from a Jain temple in Goverdhan Vilas area near here,
police said on Saturday.
Thieves stole the statue weighing about five kgs and took
away cash of Rs 40,000 from the temple in Sector 14 here.
The priest (pujari), Ramesh came to know about the theft
when he reached the temple at about 5:30 AM today.
He informed the members of the committee managing the
temple and the police immediately, they said.
"The thieves, besides stealing the statue, also took away
two donation boxes, which contained approximately 40000 rupees," Ramesh said.
This is the fifth incident of theft in Jain temples of
the town in the last one month, the priest claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says