Threat to blow up Rajasthan Assembly building
Jaipur: Security was stepped up at the
Rajasthan Assembly building after the secretariat received a postcard threatening to blow it up during its winter session, police said.
"Bomb Disposal Squad and Anti-Sabotage team were
rushed to the spot immediately after the Assembly officials
informed us about the letter. So far, no objectionable object
or explosive has been detected and further search is on in the
Assembly building premises," Jaipur Range IG IBL Soni said.
"According to the postcard, the building will be blown
up with RDX during the winter session," he said quoting the
The letter, addressed to the Speaker, was received
yesterday by the Assembly secretariat.
SP Jaipur (South) Jose Mohan said that security has
been tightened up in and around the building and extra
security arrangements will be in place during the Session.
"We have started investigation into the matter and
trying to trace the sender," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what