Three arrested for robbing commuters
Jajpur: Three youths were arrested for allegedly robbing commuters on National Highway in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said Monday.
Cash amounting to Rs 10,000, a motorcycle, three mobile phones and some sharp weapons weapons were seized from the possession of the accused after they were arrested yesterday, they said.
The cops said they were looking for two others who were absconding.
Those arrested have been identified as Ramakanta Parida (27) of Khalagaon village, Rakesh Mohanty (25) of Oland village and Ranjan Baral (26) of Rahama village, all are in Jagatsinghpur district.
The arrest was made after a truck driver lodged an FIR with Balichandrapur police alleging three motorcycle-borne youths intercepted his vehicle at Nalipur chhak on National Highway on Saturday night and looted Rs 10,000 cash and mobile phone from him attacking him with a sharp weapon.
"As police swung into action following the complaint, three youths were arrested in connection with the incident. However, two others of their gang are still at large and we are trying to nab them," said Inspector In-Charge of Balichandrapur police station, Asit Mohanty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter