Three arrested for robbing commuters
Jajpur: Three youths were arrested for allegedly robbing commuters on National Highway in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said Monday.
Cash amounting to Rs 10,000, a motorcycle, three mobile phones and some sharp weapons weapons were seized from the possession of the accused after they were arrested yesterday, they said.
The cops said they were looking for two others who were absconding.
Those arrested have been identified as Ramakanta Parida (27) of Khalagaon village, Rakesh Mohanty (25) of Oland village and Ranjan Baral (26) of Rahama village, all are in Jagatsinghpur district.
The arrest was made after a truck driver lodged an FIR with Balichandrapur police alleging three motorcycle-borne youths intercepted his vehicle at Nalipur chhak on National Highway on Saturday night and looted Rs 10,000 cash and mobile phone from him attacking him with a sharp weapon.
"As police swung into action following the complaint, three youths were arrested in connection with the incident. However, two others of their gang are still at large and we are trying to nab them," said Inspector In-Charge of Balichandrapur police station, Asit Mohanty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad