Three arrested for robbing commuters
Jajpur: Three youths were arrested for allegedly robbing commuters on National Highway in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said Monday.
Cash amounting to Rs 10,000, a motorcycle, three mobile phones and some sharp weapons weapons were seized from the possession of the accused after they were arrested yesterday, they said.
The cops said they were looking for two others who were absconding.
Those arrested have been identified as Ramakanta Parida (27) of Khalagaon village, Rakesh Mohanty (25) of Oland village and Ranjan Baral (26) of Rahama village, all are in Jagatsinghpur district.
The arrest was made after a truck driver lodged an FIR with Balichandrapur police alleging three motorcycle-borne youths intercepted his vehicle at Nalipur chhak on National Highway on Saturday night and looted Rs 10,000 cash and mobile phone from him attacking him with a sharp weapon.
"As police swung into action following the complaint, three youths were arrested in connection with the incident. However, two others of their gang are still at large and we are trying to nab them," said Inspector In-Charge of Balichandrapur police station, Asit Mohanty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Gold price perks up on global cues, jewellers' support
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- Unhappy marriage good for diabetic men: Study
- New song 'Da Da Dasse' from 'Udta Punjab' is thoroughly intoxicating – Watch here
- Video alert! Salman Khan’s reaction to ‘marriage wala sawal’ at ‘Sultan’ trailer launch is EPIC