Three arrested for robbing commuters
Jajpur: Three youths were arrested for allegedly robbing commuters on National Highway in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said Monday.
Cash amounting to Rs 10,000, a motorcycle, three mobile phones and some sharp weapons weapons were seized from the possession of the accused after they were arrested yesterday, they said.
The cops said they were looking for two others who were absconding.
Those arrested have been identified as Ramakanta Parida (27) of Khalagaon village, Rakesh Mohanty (25) of Oland village and Ranjan Baral (26) of Rahama village, all are in Jagatsinghpur district.
The arrest was made after a truck driver lodged an FIR with Balichandrapur police alleging three motorcycle-borne youths intercepted his vehicle at Nalipur chhak on National Highway on Saturday night and looted Rs 10,000 cash and mobile phone from him attacking him with a sharp weapon.
"As police swung into action following the complaint, three youths were arrested in connection with the incident. However, two others of their gang are still at large and we are trying to nab them," said Inspector In-Charge of Balichandrapur police station, Asit Mohanty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP