Three arrested for stealing idols from temples in Rajasthan
Bundi (Rajasthan): Three youths allegedly involved in stealing precious idols from several temples in the state were arrested here on Wednesday.
Five stolen idols of Lord Krishana, Radha, Bajranjbali, Saligram and other articles of temples were recovered from the three accused, all in 20s, police said.
The three accused -- Tanwar Singh Meena (26), Dhanraj Meena (26) and Phralad Meena (25) -- all residents of Loharikala village of Bhilwara district, had allegedly stolen six idols and some other religious articles from temples of Umar and Devgi Ka Thana villages in the district in April last year, Hindoli police station SHO Bhanwar Singh Hada said.
During interrogation, they also admitted to have stolen idols from other temples in Tonk and Bhilwara districts, the SHO said, adding some more members of the gang are likely to be arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket