Three arrested for stealing idols from temples in Rajasthan
Bundi (Rajasthan): Three youths allegedly involved in stealing precious idols from several temples in the state were arrested here on Wednesday.
Five stolen idols of Lord Krishana, Radha, Bajranjbali, Saligram and other articles of temples were recovered from the three accused, all in 20s, police said.
The three accused -- Tanwar Singh Meena (26), Dhanraj Meena (26) and Phralad Meena (25) -- all residents of Loharikala village of Bhilwara district, had allegedly stolen six idols and some other religious articles from temples of Umar and Devgi Ka Thana villages in the district in April last year, Hindoli police station SHO Bhanwar Singh Hada said.
During interrogation, they also admitted to have stolen idols from other temples in Tonk and Bhilwara districts, the SHO said, adding some more members of the gang are likely to be arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH