Three arrested for stealing idols from temples in Rajasthan
Bundi (Rajasthan): Three youths allegedly involved in stealing precious idols from several temples in the state were arrested here on Wednesday.
Five stolen idols of Lord Krishana, Radha, Bajranjbali, Saligram and other articles of temples were recovered from the three accused, all in 20s, police said.
The three accused -- Tanwar Singh Meena (26), Dhanraj Meena (26) and Phralad Meena (25) -- all residents of Loharikala village of Bhilwara district, had allegedly stolen six idols and some other religious articles from temples of Umar and Devgi Ka Thana villages in the district in April last year, Hindoli police station SHO Bhanwar Singh Hada said.
During interrogation, they also admitted to have stolen idols from other temples in Tonk and Bhilwara districts, the SHO said, adding some more members of the gang are likely to be arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray