Three Chinese nationals interrogated in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Three Chinese nationals were interrogated by intelligence agencies on Wednesday for entering into a restricted border area here to work in an oil exploration company, police said.
"They have visa to work here but they were required to get special permission from district administration to enter into the restricted area, where their company is working. They were denied permission and yet they started their work there,"
SP, Jaisalmer, Mamta Vishnoi said.
Two company officials were also arrested in this connection yesterday, she said.
"It is an oil exploration company and has permission to work in the area but separate permission is required for personnel to work inside the restricted area, which they did not possess," she added.
The SP said, the Chinese nationals were asked to leave the restricted area immediately and clarify their status yesterday. A joint-interrogation was carried out at the district headquarters today by intelligence agencies.
"After interrogation and verifying their credentials, they were issued warning. Decision whether they will be deported or not will be taken by higher authorities. However, they cannot enter into the area and they will have to seek permission, if they want to enter into the area," she said.
IG, Jodhpur range, Umesh Mishra said, the Chinese nationals were in Jaisalmer since August 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered