Three Chinese nationals interrogated in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Three Chinese nationals were interrogated by intelligence agencies on Wednesday for entering into a restricted border area here to work in an oil exploration company, police said.
"They have visa to work here but they were required to get special permission from district administration to enter into the restricted area, where their company is working. They were denied permission and yet they started their work there,"
SP, Jaisalmer, Mamta Vishnoi said.
Two company officials were also arrested in this connection yesterday, she said.
"It is an oil exploration company and has permission to work in the area but separate permission is required for personnel to work inside the restricted area, which they did not possess," she added.
The SP said, the Chinese nationals were asked to leave the restricted area immediately and clarify their status yesterday. A joint-interrogation was carried out at the district headquarters today by intelligence agencies.
"After interrogation and verifying their credentials, they were issued warning. Decision whether they will be deported or not will be taken by higher authorities. However, they cannot enter into the area and they will have to seek permission, if they want to enter into the area," she said.
IG, Jodhpur range, Umesh Mishra said, the Chinese nationals were in Jaisalmer since August 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city