Three die, 4 hurt as building collapses in Jaipur
Jaipur: Three persons were killed and 12 injured while two were trapped under the rubble and presumed dead when a four-storey building collapsed in Bhatta Basti area here on Saturday.
Raju and Sabir, both youths, and a 10-year-old boy were killed and 12 injured in the incident which happened in the wee hours, SHO (Bhatta Basti) Rajesh Kumar said.
Two persons were trapped under the debris and feared dead, he said.
"It was not an old building but its foundation had become weak due to recent rains," he said.
Nine of the 12 injured were discharged after first aid, the SHO said.
A family, hailing from Bihar, was residing in the building as tenant, he said adding some of their relatives were also staying with them when the building collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living