Three die, 4 hurt as building collapses in Jaipur
Jaipur: Three persons were killed and 12 injured while two were trapped under the rubble and presumed dead when a four-storey building collapsed in Bhatta Basti area here on Saturday.
Raju and Sabir, both youths, and a 10-year-old boy were killed and 12 injured in the incident which happened in the wee hours, SHO (Bhatta Basti) Rajesh Kumar said.
Two persons were trapped under the debris and feared dead, he said.
"It was not an old building but its foundation had become weak due to recent rains," he said.
Nine of the 12 injured were discharged after first aid, the SHO said.
A family, hailing from Bihar, was residing in the building as tenant, he said adding some of their relatives were also staying with them when the building collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Over confidence' not the reason behind Pakistan's struggle in second test: Grant Flower
- Govt trying to pass GST bill this session: Meghwal
- Complaint against JD(U) MLA for demanding Rs 20 lakh
- Black money: Willing to walk extra mile to address concerns over IDS, says Govt
- LeEco Max 2: Made for Pokémon GO smartphone