Three Rajasthan districts to be awarded on National Voters` Day for maximum polling
Jaipur: The districts of Kota, Sri Ganganagar and Jodhpur would be awarded for registering maximum voting in the recently-held Assembly polls on the occasion of National Voters` Day to be celebrated across Rajasthan on January 25.
"Creative programmes including photo exhibitions will be organised in every district to create awareness among voters and participants will be administered oath to create awareness towards exercising their rights," Rajasthan Chief Electoral Officer Ashok Jain said here today.
"At the state level, a programme will be held in Jaipur where the Rajasthan Governor will be the chief guest. The three districts will be awarded at the function," he said.
Jain said the state would receive the national award from the President for exemplary election management, by initiating innovative programmes, increasing the number of new voters with effective implementation of SVEEP (systematic voters education and electoral participation) in the assembly polls.
On preparations for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the Chief Electoral Officer said the revision of voter list was going on and over 22 lakh people have applied for inclusion of their names in the roll.
"EVM inspection will be launched in presence of technicians, officials and representatives of political parties, and training of officials will be started in February," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic