Three Rajasthan districts to be awarded on National Voters` Day for maximum polling
Jaipur: The districts of Kota, Sri Ganganagar and Jodhpur would be awarded for registering maximum voting in the recently-held Assembly polls on the occasion of National Voters` Day to be celebrated across Rajasthan on January 25.
"Creative programmes including photo exhibitions will be organised in every district to create awareness among voters and participants will be administered oath to create awareness towards exercising their rights," Rajasthan Chief Electoral Officer Ashok Jain said here today.
"At the state level, a programme will be held in Jaipur where the Rajasthan Governor will be the chief guest. The three districts will be awarded at the function," he said.
Jain said the state would receive the national award from the President for exemplary election management, by initiating innovative programmes, increasing the number of new voters with effective implementation of SVEEP (systematic voters education and electoral participation) in the assembly polls.
On preparations for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the Chief Electoral Officer said the revision of voter list was going on and over 22 lakh people have applied for inclusion of their names in the roll.
"EVM inspection will be launched in presence of technicians, officials and representatives of political parties, and training of officials will be started in February," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY