Three-year-old girl raped in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A three-year-old girl was abducted and raped by an unidentified man in Rajasthan, police on Wednesday said. The child has been admitted to hospital where her condition was stated to be critical.
According to the police, the incident occurred at Dabla village in Sikar district, 120 km from Jaipur.
The girl had gone to get water from a public water cooler near her house late Tuesday when an unidentified man kidnapped and raped her. He left her near the railway track and escaped, police officer Sohan Lal told a news agency.
"The girl somehow reached her house bleeding profusely. She was admitted to a local hospital in Sikar, but due to her critical condition, she was referred to JK Lone Hospital in Jaipur today (Wednesday)," said the officer.
A team of doctors operated upon the girl on Wednesday. "The doctors said her condition is stable, but still serious. Her intestines are damaged," the police officer said.
"We have some clues about the man who raped the girl. We are trying to trace him," Sohan Lal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- UK Labour leader defies revolt over Brexit strategy
- Euro 2016: Spain boss Vicente del Bosque expects the "real Italy" to turn up
- Tusshar Kapoor is now proud father to a baby boy! No, we aren’t kidding
- French Finance Min: France, Germany agree Britain should start process to leave EU quickly
- Syria attack so far leaves 25 children dead: UNICEF