Three-year-old girl raped in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A three-year-old girl was abducted and raped by an unidentified man in Rajasthan, police on Wednesday said. The child has been admitted to hospital where her condition was stated to be critical.
According to the police, the incident occurred at Dabla village in Sikar district, 120 km from Jaipur.
The girl had gone to get water from a public water cooler near her house late Tuesday when an unidentified man kidnapped and raped her. He left her near the railway track and escaped, police officer Sohan Lal told a news agency.
"The girl somehow reached her house bleeding profusely. She was admitted to a local hospital in Sikar, but due to her critical condition, she was referred to JK Lone Hospital in Jaipur today (Wednesday)," said the officer.
A team of doctors operated upon the girl on Wednesday. "The doctors said her condition is stable, but still serious. Her intestines are damaged," the police officer said.
"We have some clues about the man who raped the girl. We are trying to trace him," Sohan Lal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion