Three-year-old girl raped in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A three-year-old girl was abducted and raped by an unidentified man in Rajasthan, police on Wednesday said. The child has been admitted to hospital where her condition was stated to be critical.
According to the police, the incident occurred at Dabla village in Sikar district, 120 km from Jaipur.
The girl had gone to get water from a public water cooler near her house late Tuesday when an unidentified man kidnapped and raped her. He left her near the railway track and escaped, police officer Sohan Lal told a news agency.
"The girl somehow reached her house bleeding profusely. She was admitted to a local hospital in Sikar, but due to her critical condition, she was referred to JK Lone Hospital in Jaipur today (Wednesday)," said the officer.
A team of doctors operated upon the girl on Wednesday. "The doctors said her condition is stable, but still serious. Her intestines are damaged," the police officer said.
"We have some clues about the man who raped the girl. We are trying to trace him," Sohan Lal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30