Tight security in Jaipur for Diwali
Jaipur: Elaborate security arrangements have been made in the city for Diwali, with as many as over 1700 additional policemen being deployed to ensure that no untoward incident is reported during the festival.
Senior police officials have been directed to remain alert and extra men have been deployed across the city to ensure a peaceful Diwali, a police officer said.
"Additional arrangement of over 1700 policemen and officers will be there in the Jaipur commissionerate area tomorrow on Diwali, whereas over additional 900 police personnel will be in arrangement today and on Monday," he said.
Also, all senior officers have been directed to keep some additional policemen in reserve.
Patrolling would be conducted in markets and special arrangements have been made to regulate traffic in main areas, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'