Tigress found dead in Ranthambhore
Jaipur: A tigress, missing for the past few days, was found dead on Sunday in Ranthambore forest area in Rajasthan`s Sawaimadhopur district.
The death of the tigress appeared to be the fallout of a territorial fight between two big cats, SP (Sawaimadhopur) Param Jyoti said.
There were pug marks of another big cat near the scene where the carcass was found, she said adding the tigress was missing for the past two-three days.
A forest officer found the carcass at Khandar near the Ranthambhore tiger reserve, the SP said.
The post-mortem on the carcass had been conducted and and the report was awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble