Tigress found dead in Ranthambhore
Jaipur: A tigress, missing for the past few days, was found dead on Sunday in Ranthambore forest area in Rajasthan`s Sawaimadhopur district.
The death of the tigress appeared to be the fallout of a territorial fight between two big cats, SP (Sawaimadhopur) Param Jyoti said.
There were pug marks of another big cat near the scene where the carcass was found, she said adding the tigress was missing for the past two-three days.
A forest officer found the carcass at Khandar near the Ranthambhore tiger reserve, the SP said.
The post-mortem on the carcass had been conducted and and the report was awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured