Tigress found dead in Ranthambhore
Jaipur: A tigress, missing for the past few days, was found dead on Sunday in Ranthambore forest area in Rajasthan`s Sawaimadhopur district.
The death of the tigress appeared to be the fallout of a territorial fight between two big cats, SP (Sawaimadhopur) Param Jyoti said.
There were pug marks of another big cat near the scene where the carcass was found, she said adding the tigress was missing for the past two-three days.
A forest officer found the carcass at Khandar near the Ranthambhore tiger reserve, the SP said.
The post-mortem on the carcass had been conducted and and the report was awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka