Torrential rains submerge Sikar, at least 3 dead
Sikar (Rajasthan): Following hours of heavy torrential rains, the bulging Naroli River wrecked havoc here on Thursday, claiming three lives, submerging vehicles and fields.
Extensive damage was caused to the agricultural fields after the river breached its banks at several locations, and caused panic among the locals.
As per local media reports, many people were swept away by floods and some of them were trapped in the surging floodwaters near an under construction bridge.
Administrative and rescue officials were seen conducting salvage operations at the site attracting scores of locals at the riverbank.
The flood situation was an eye opener for the locals as it exposed the ill preparedness of authorities to combat such an emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter