Torrential rains submerge Sikar, at least 3 dead
Sikar (Rajasthan): Following hours of heavy torrential rains, the bulging Naroli River wrecked havoc here on Thursday, claiming three lives, submerging vehicles and fields.
Extensive damage was caused to the agricultural fields after the river breached its banks at several locations, and caused panic among the locals.
As per local media reports, many people were swept away by floods and some of them were trapped in the surging floodwaters near an under construction bridge.
Administrative and rescue officials were seen conducting salvage operations at the site attracting scores of locals at the riverbank.
The flood situation was an eye opener for the locals as it exposed the ill preparedness of authorities to combat such an emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!