Torrential rains submerge Sikar, at least 3 dead
Sikar (Rajasthan): Following hours of heavy torrential rains, the bulging Naroli River wrecked havoc here on Thursday, claiming three lives, submerging vehicles and fields.
Extensive damage was caused to the agricultural fields after the river breached its banks at several locations, and caused panic among the locals.
As per local media reports, many people were swept away by floods and some of them were trapped in the surging floodwaters near an under construction bridge.
Administrative and rescue officials were seen conducting salvage operations at the site attracting scores of locals at the riverbank.
The flood situation was an eye opener for the locals as it exposed the ill preparedness of authorities to combat such an emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail