Torrential rains submerge Sikar, at least 3 dead
Sikar (Rajasthan): Following hours of heavy torrential rains, the bulging Naroli River wrecked havoc here on Thursday, claiming three lives, submerging vehicles and fields.
Extensive damage was caused to the agricultural fields after the river breached its banks at several locations, and caused panic among the locals.
As per local media reports, many people were swept away by floods and some of them were trapped in the surging floodwaters near an under construction bridge.
Administrative and rescue officials were seen conducting salvage operations at the site attracting scores of locals at the riverbank.
The flood situation was an eye opener for the locals as it exposed the ill preparedness of authorities to combat such an emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH