Train engine uncouples from coaches near Baswa
Jaipur: A Delhi-bound double decker train`s engine uncoupled from the coaches Friday morning, causing a delay by over one hour at Baswa-Alwar section, a North Western Railway senior official said.
"Nothing happened...The train`s engine got uncoupled from the passenger boggies between Bandikui and Baswa railway stations around 0810 hrs," Tarun Jain, DGM and PR head of NWR, told a news agency here.
The engine was called back and the coaches were hooked up again withing fifteen minutes, he said.
The train was halted for about 45 minutes at Alwar station to unload some parcels to reduce the load factor, and then it moved on towards Delhi without any hurdle, he said.
The reason of uncoupling would be ascertained by technical and engineering authorities, Jain said.
Three persons were killed and 37 others injured when ten coaches of 12618 Nizamuddin-Ernakulam Lakshadeep Mangala Express train derailed at Ghoti near Igatpuri in Nashik district this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY