Trapped in tunnel, man rescued after 6 days
Udaipur, Rajasthan: A 40-year-old pump operator was rescued Wednesday after six days of being trapped in an under construction tunnel in Rajasthan`s Devas village near here.
Narayan was trapped approximately 300 feet below the ground when part of the 90-metre-long tunnel came crashing down Thursday afternoon, a district official said.
The tunnel is being constructed for an irrigation project to supply water to Udaipur city from Devas village, about 30 km from here.
People came to know that Narayan was stuck inside only after a headcount of workers was taken Thursday evening. Rescue workers established contact with Narayan Friday by pushing a four-inch pipe through the debris.
"We passed oxygen and food to Narayan through this pipe," the official said.
A 22-metre tunnel had to be dug to bring Narayan out.
"He was brought out at 3.45 am and seems to be in a stable condition," Udaipur District Collector Hemant Gera said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference