Trapped in tunnel, man rescued after 6 days
Udaipur, Rajasthan: A 40-year-old pump operator was rescued Wednesday after six days of being trapped in an under construction tunnel in Rajasthan`s Devas village near here.
Narayan was trapped approximately 300 feet below the ground when part of the 90-metre-long tunnel came crashing down Thursday afternoon, a district official said.
The tunnel is being constructed for an irrigation project to supply water to Udaipur city from Devas village, about 30 km from here.
People came to know that Narayan was stuck inside only after a headcount of workers was taken Thursday evening. Rescue workers established contact with Narayan Friday by pushing a four-inch pipe through the debris.
"We passed oxygen and food to Narayan through this pipe," the official said.
A 22-metre tunnel had to be dug to bring Narayan out.
"He was brought out at 3.45 am and seems to be in a stable condition," Udaipur District Collector Hemant Gera said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state