Trapped in tunnel, man rescued after 6 days
Udaipur, Rajasthan: A 40-year-old pump operator was rescued Wednesday after six days of being trapped in an under construction tunnel in Rajasthan`s Devas village near here.
Narayan was trapped approximately 300 feet below the ground when part of the 90-metre-long tunnel came crashing down Thursday afternoon, a district official said.
The tunnel is being constructed for an irrigation project to supply water to Udaipur city from Devas village, about 30 km from here.
People came to know that Narayan was stuck inside only after a headcount of workers was taken Thursday evening. Rescue workers established contact with Narayan Friday by pushing a four-inch pipe through the debris.
"We passed oxygen and food to Narayan through this pipe," the official said.
A 22-metre tunnel had to be dug to bring Narayan out.
"He was brought out at 3.45 am and seems to be in a stable condition," Udaipur District Collector Hemant Gera said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city