Tribal woman rape case; MP seeking justice arrested
Jaipur: Dausa MP Kirori Lal Meena, who
was on a dharna here seeking justice for a tribal woman
allegedly raped by an IPS officer about 13 years ago, was
arrested along with 13 others in the wee hours on Wednesday.
"Fourteen people, including Meena, were arrested under
section 151 of CrPC (arrest to prevent the commission of
cognizable offences) and taken to Ajmer Jail, while the other
persons who were on dharna were sent to their houses," IG
(Jaipur Range-I) B L Soni told a news agency.
Extra force have been deployed at the dharna site near
civil line railway crossing here as a precautionary measure.
The woman was allegedly abducted and taken to Noida in
Uttar Pradesh in January 1997 where she was allegedly raped by
former Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Madhukar Tandon, then
posted in police headquarters and is now said to be
The victim, hailing from Dausa district, was sitting
on a dharna here along with her family members and the
Independent MP after she was not allowed to meet Chief
Minister Ashok Gehlot at his residence.
Around 50 people led by the MP were also on dharna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Five reasons why you should take a brisk walk every single day!
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha