Trip cancellation: Gehlot trashes reports of security concern
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday rubbished reports suggesting that he had to cancel his recent Ajmer tour due to security concerns after some anti-Congress posters appeared in the town.
Terming the reports as "totally misleading", Gehlot clarified he was not feeling well which led to cancellation of the two-day tour which was to begin from July 30.
Gehlot was scheduled to leave for Ajmer to attend some public functions and an iftar party on Monday.
His visit, however, was cancelled on Monday on health- grounds but some reports had suggested that Gehlot was forced to cancel his tour due to security concerns after some anti- Congress posters surfaced in some areas of Ajmer.
"There was no connection between the cancellation of my Ajmer visit and the posters. The reports were totally misleading and I condemn this. It was clearly informed from my office that the visit was cancelled due to ill health," he said.
"I never cancel any trip on such grounds. Everybody has right to raise his voice in democracy and we respect this. This is absolutely wrong that the trip was cancelled due to the posters," he asserted.
The posters, which were found pasted on the walls of some mosques on Saturday, reportedly compared Gehlot with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Congress was termed as an anti-Muslim party.
The posters appealed to the community to boycott the iftar party as the state government had failed to deliver justice to the victims of Gopalgarh violence.
Ten people of Meo Muslim community were killed in firing in Gopalgarh town of Bharatpur district in September last year. The CBI is probing the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling