Trip cancellation: Gehlot trashes reports of security concern
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday rubbished reports suggesting that he had to cancel his recent Ajmer tour due to security concerns after some anti-Congress posters appeared in the town.
Terming the reports as "totally misleading", Gehlot clarified he was not feeling well which led to cancellation of the two-day tour which was to begin from July 30.
Gehlot was scheduled to leave for Ajmer to attend some public functions and an iftar party on Monday.
His visit, however, was cancelled on Monday on health- grounds but some reports had suggested that Gehlot was forced to cancel his tour due to security concerns after some anti- Congress posters surfaced in some areas of Ajmer.
"There was no connection between the cancellation of my Ajmer visit and the posters. The reports were totally misleading and I condemn this. It was clearly informed from my office that the visit was cancelled due to ill health," he said.
"I never cancel any trip on such grounds. Everybody has right to raise his voice in democracy and we respect this. This is absolutely wrong that the trip was cancelled due to the posters," he asserted.
The posters, which were found pasted on the walls of some mosques on Saturday, reportedly compared Gehlot with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Congress was termed as an anti-Muslim party.
The posters appealed to the community to boycott the iftar party as the state government had failed to deliver justice to the victims of Gopalgarh violence.
Ten people of Meo Muslim community were killed in firing in Gopalgarh town of Bharatpur district in September last year. The CBI is probing the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly