Truck rams into passenger train, two killed
Bhilwara: The driver and cleaner of a lorry were killed on Friday when their vehicle rammed into a passenger train after jumping a level crossing near here.
The accident occurred around 1.50PM when the truck jumped a manned crossing between Hameergarh and Soniayan stations near Takhtpura and rammed into the train, police said.
The driver of the Udaipur-Ajmer passenger train sustained bruises from broken glass panes of the engine cabin, but continued the journey after a brief halt at the accident site, a railway spokesman said in Jaipur.
The deceased have been identified as truck driver Madan Gurjar and cleaner Gopal Gurjar, a police officer said.
There was no damage to the tracks and the wreckage of the truck was removed to facilitate smooth services, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Malegaon blasts case: Narendra Modi government should sack NIA chief, demands Congress
- Another blow to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, ED attaches assets worth Rs 749.10 crore
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- 7th Central Pay Commission: 14 key facts that all government employees must know
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?