Truck rams into passenger train, two killed
Bhilwara: The driver and cleaner of a lorry were killed on Friday when their vehicle rammed into a passenger train after jumping a level crossing near here.
The accident occurred around 1.50PM when the truck jumped a manned crossing between Hameergarh and Soniayan stations near Takhtpura and rammed into the train, police said.
The driver of the Udaipur-Ajmer passenger train sustained bruises from broken glass panes of the engine cabin, but continued the journey after a brief halt at the accident site, a railway spokesman said in Jaipur.
The deceased have been identified as truck driver Madan Gurjar and cleaner Gopal Gurjar, a police officer said.
There was no damage to the tracks and the wreckage of the truck was removed to facilitate smooth services, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS