Truck rams into passenger train, two killed
Bhilwara: The driver and cleaner of a lorry were killed on Friday when their vehicle rammed into a passenger train after jumping a level crossing near here.
The accident occurred around 1.50PM when the truck jumped a manned crossing between Hameergarh and Soniayan stations near Takhtpura and rammed into the train, police said.
The driver of the Udaipur-Ajmer passenger train sustained bruises from broken glass panes of the engine cabin, but continued the journey after a brief halt at the accident site, a railway spokesman said in Jaipur.
The deceased have been identified as truck driver Madan Gurjar and cleaner Gopal Gurjar, a police officer said.
There was no damage to the tracks and the wreckage of the truck was removed to facilitate smooth services, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- No plan for women in army combat role, Manohar Parrikar tells Rajya Sabha
- Dues over Rs 800 cr pending against Hotels in NDMC areas
- Emirates plane with more than 300 on board makes emergency landing in Mumbai
- BJP rejects Nitish's claims of slide in crime after prohibition
- Gionee unveils flagship M6, M6 Plus smartphones