Truck rams into passenger train, two killed
Bhilwara: The driver and cleaner of a lorry were killed on Friday when their vehicle rammed into a passenger train after jumping a level crossing near here.
The accident occurred around 1.50PM when the truck jumped a manned crossing between Hameergarh and Soniayan stations near Takhtpura and rammed into the train, police said.
The driver of the Udaipur-Ajmer passenger train sustained bruises from broken glass panes of the engine cabin, but continued the journey after a brief halt at the accident site, a railway spokesman said in Jaipur.
The deceased have been identified as truck driver Madan Gurjar and cleaner Gopal Gurjar, a police officer said.
There was no damage to the tracks and the wreckage of the truck was removed to facilitate smooth services, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis