Truck rams into passenger train, two killed
Bhilwara: The driver and cleaner of a lorry were killed on Friday when their vehicle rammed into a passenger train after jumping a level crossing near here.
The accident occurred around 1.50PM when the truck jumped a manned crossing between Hameergarh and Soniayan stations near Takhtpura and rammed into the train, police said.
The driver of the Udaipur-Ajmer passenger train sustained bruises from broken glass panes of the engine cabin, but continued the journey after a brief halt at the accident site, a railway spokesman said in Jaipur.
The deceased have been identified as truck driver Madan Gurjar and cleaner Gopal Gurjar, a police officer said.
There was no damage to the tracks and the wreckage of the truck was removed to facilitate smooth services, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation