Tunnel direction goes wrong, Jaipur boy not found
Jaipur: Rescuers are now clueless about the location of the four-year-old boy, stuck in a 150-feet-deep borewell for the past 15 days, after completing two herculean tasks of digging a parallel well at similar depth of the borewell and a 19-feet-long tunnel to connect the two.
The rescuers, however, failed to connect the borewell through the newly-dug tunnel as compass did not work inside the well, an official said.
"After completing digging work of the 19-feet tunnel, the rescuers were supposed to reach the boy, but unfortunately it could not be connected to the borewell even after digging the required distance," the official told reporters over phone from the site.
"At this state, the rescuers have no idea about the borewell. Probably, the direction of the tunnel is not right because they had to dig with just an idea as compass did not work inside the well and the tunnel," he said.
"Now we are seeking technical support from experts in Jaipur," he said.
Four-year-old Sahil had fallen into the borewell on November 9 while playing with his elder sister.
The borewell belongs to his family and was closed earlier. But on the previous night, his father Laxman Singh and grandfather Bhanwar Singh got some pipes out from it and left it open. They were supposed to close it the next day but before that, the boy unfortunately fell into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey