TV channel reporter molested, retired daily firm official held
Jaipur: A 25-year-old reporter of a local TV news channel was allegedly molested by a retired officer of Jaipur Dairy at his residence in Sanganer area here Wednesday, the police said on Thursday.
The victim, who lodged an FIR with the Sanagner police station, had first come in contact with accused Ranveer Singh Godara on Facebook and chat and then she was invited by Godara at his residence yesterday to give her "a newsbreak" on Jaipur dairy, ACP Bagh Singh Rathore said.
When the woman went to his residence, he was allegedly drunk and molested her, the ACP said, adding the girl immediately informed the police through her friend.
Godara was arrested and produced before a local magistrate court at Sanganer which sent him to 14-day judicial remand, Rathore told a news agency.
He was booked under section 354 (B) of IPC for assault or using criminal force to a woman with intent to outrage her modesty, he said.
The victim`s claim of working for a TV news channel was being checked as per the documents she submitted, the ACP said adding it was also being verified whether Godara was the Managing Director or Secretary of the dairy firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing