Two arms smugglers arrested
Jaipur: With the arrest of two persons and recovery of eight pistols and four live cartridges from their possession, Rajasthan Police`s Special Operation Group (SOG) on Monday claimed to have busted an inter-state gang of arms smugglers.
According to an official spokesman, the accused were arrested from outside the Srimahaveerji railway station in Karauli district.
The accused were identified as Ram Singh (30), hailing from Dhar in Madhya Pradesh, and Feroz Ahmed (30) of Udai in Sawai Madhopur district (Rajasthan), the spokesman said, quoting SP-SOG Surendra Kumar.
Acting on a tip-off, SOG sleuths intercepted the two suspect outside the railway station and arrested them. Eight illegal pistols, four live cartridges and Rs 25,000 in cash were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened