Two arrested for killing Facebook `friend` in Kota
Jaipur: Two youths were on Monday arrested for allegedly abducting and killing an acquaintance they made on social networking website Facebook for ransom.
The accused identified as Yudhveer Singh and Jitendra Singh, both college students, became `friends` with another local Pushpendra Singh through the site some time back.
"They planned to meet and called Pushpendra on March 6 near Amrapali circle and consumed liquor together at a place. Thereafter, they thrashed Pushpendra in which he died," Additional Commissioner of Police Girraj Meena said.
"Both the accused wrapped the body in a quilt and boarded a train and dumped it near Phuleara junction. In the meantime, they contacted his family and demanded a ransom of 16,000 Euros," he said.
One of the accused was detained last night and had allegedly confessed to the murder after which the second was caught and the body recovered. The two were placed under arrest today, he said.
Further investigations are on in the case, including why the duo demanded Euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra
- Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected — What NIA court said
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!