Two arrested for killing Facebook `friend` in Kota
Jaipur: Two youths were on Monday arrested for allegedly abducting and killing an acquaintance they made on social networking website Facebook for ransom.
The accused identified as Yudhveer Singh and Jitendra Singh, both college students, became `friends` with another local Pushpendra Singh through the site some time back.
"They planned to meet and called Pushpendra on March 6 near Amrapali circle and consumed liquor together at a place. Thereafter, they thrashed Pushpendra in which he died," Additional Commissioner of Police Girraj Meena said.
"Both the accused wrapped the body in a quilt and boarded a train and dumped it near Phuleara junction. In the meantime, they contacted his family and demanded a ransom of 16,000 Euros," he said.
One of the accused was detained last night and had allegedly confessed to the murder after which the second was caught and the body recovered. The two were placed under arrest today, he said.
Further investigations are on in the case, including why the duo demanded Euros.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'