Two arrested in Jaipur for murdering youth last week
Jaipur: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly killing an 18 year old youth whose severed head was found on railway tracks here last week.
Bhawani Singh (40), along with his accomplice Asif (19), was arrested for the murder of his brother-in-law Neeraj Singh, whose severed head was found on railway tracks under Ajmer bridge on December 25, a police officer said.
Bhawani had killed Neeraj for property, the officer said.
Neeraj, whose sister was the second wife of Bhawani, was staying with them days before the murder. Bhawani had hit the youth with a hard object, and when he fell unconscious, Bhawani, along with Asif, severed his body parts with an axe, the officer said.
They then dumped the head on railway tracks under Ajmer bridge and other body parts in Sushilpura nullah, police said.
Both the accused were held yesterday morning from a village in Shahpura and produced in a local court which remanded them to police custody, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt