Two Bangladeshis involved in dacoity arrested
Ajmer: Two Bangladeshi nationals, who were allegedly involved in a dacoity in the house of a doctor here last week, have been arrested from Kolkata, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as Mohammad Shahi Mulla and Shintu Sheikh are from Bangladesh and had, along with four other accomplices, barged into Dr Shailendra Bhargav`s house on the night of April 5.
They held the family hostage and decamped with around Rs 40,000 in cash, gold jewellery and two cars, they said.
The group moved towards Delhi and from there, they reached Kolkata.
They were planning to go to Bangladesh when a Rajasthan police team, with the help of the local police nabbed them, SP BK Pandey said today.
He said that the accused will be brought here in 2-3 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore