Two Bangladeshis involved in dacoity arrested
Ajmer: Two Bangladeshi nationals, who were allegedly involved in a dacoity in the house of a doctor here last week, have been arrested from Kolkata, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as Mohammad Shahi Mulla and Shintu Sheikh are from Bangladesh and had, along with four other accomplices, barged into Dr Shailendra Bhargav`s house on the night of April 5.
They held the family hostage and decamped with around Rs 40,000 in cash, gold jewellery and two cars, they said.
The group moved towards Delhi and from there, they reached Kolkata.
They were planning to go to Bangladesh when a Rajasthan police team, with the help of the local police nabbed them, SP BK Pandey said today.
He said that the accused will be brought here in 2-3 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS