Two girls crushed to death by bus in Churu
Jaipur: Two minor girls were Monday crushed to death by a private bus in Sandwa area in Churu district of Rajasthan, triggering a violence in the area.
Irate mob set ablaze the bus and damaged a police vehicle after the incident, Churu SP Rahul Katakey said.
"Two girls aged 12 and 8 years died on the spot after being hit by the bus," he said, adding, later, the mob set ablaze the vehicle. The mob also damaged a police vehicle when they reached the spot.
He said that one of the deceased was identified as Anita.
Additional policemen were rushed to the spot and the situation is under control now, he said, adding, 10 people have been rounded up for the violence.
Mahendra Kumar, Additional SP said mild force was used to control the agitating mob.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!