Two held for running prostitution racket in Bundi
Bundi: Two persons have been
arrested for allegedly running a prostitution racket and
abducting a woman for the flesh trade, police said Monday.
Authorities raided a house at Shankerpura Basti here and
arrested Kalibai and Sabir Mohammad after the woman, who fled
from their net, filed a complaint against them, police said.
The 26-year-old woman from Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh,
escaped when "all were asleep on Saturday night at
Shankerpura Basti. The victim managed to escape from
the net and reached the villagers at Dabalana village on
Sunday morning," Omprakash Chandoliya, SHO of Dabalana police
Shankerpura Kanjar Basti is notoriously known for
flesh trade, the SHO said adding that the two accused forced
the woman into prostitution.
A third accused Nanadibai, who allegedly duped the
woman and sold her to the duo on the pretext of employment, is
still on the run, police said.
The duo has been booked under various section of IPC for
abduction and trading humans, the official said, adding
woman`s husband has also reached here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers