Two held in Rs 3.13 cr bank fraud in Kota
Kota: Four months after a couple allegedly cheated a nationalised bank of Rs 3.13 crore, police have arrested two persons who had acted as guaranteers to help them secure the loan.
The couple, Sandeep Singh Atwal (32) and his wife Ramanjeet Kaur (29) are still absconding, police said.
Kaur had earlier filed an application for interim bail but was rejected by the High Court and the police is conducting raids at possible locations to nab them.
Police have arrested Sandeep`s father Ajeet Singh and uncle Raghuveer Singh yesterday who were the guaranteers for the loan, Superintendent of Police, Kota, Praphulla Kumar said.
Atwal and Kaur had set up a firm in partnership named RS Enterprises in Kota and they individually took a loan of Rs 26.50 lakhs each from Rampura branch of Bank of Baroda in October 2011, police said in a press note.
Later, Sandeep mortgaged his plot at 14-C Nursery Scheme in Talwandi area and took a loan of Rs 2.60 crore from the same branch.
However, the plot had already been sold eight years ago by his father.
The SP said that the accused made fake signature and stamp of the commissioner of Kota Nager Nigam in the required papers submitted to the bank for loan.
A case in the matter was registered in October 2012 in City Kotwali following which a probe was conducted, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA