Two held in Rs 3.13 cr bank fraud in Kota
Kota: Four months after a couple allegedly cheated a nationalised bank of Rs 3.13 crore, police have arrested two persons who had acted as guaranteers to help them secure the loan.
The couple, Sandeep Singh Atwal (32) and his wife Ramanjeet Kaur (29) are still absconding, police said.
Kaur had earlier filed an application for interim bail but was rejected by the High Court and the police is conducting raids at possible locations to nab them.
Police have arrested Sandeep`s father Ajeet Singh and uncle Raghuveer Singh yesterday who were the guaranteers for the loan, Superintendent of Police, Kota, Praphulla Kumar said.
Atwal and Kaur had set up a firm in partnership named RS Enterprises in Kota and they individually took a loan of Rs 26.50 lakhs each from Rampura branch of Bank of Baroda in October 2011, police said in a press note.
Later, Sandeep mortgaged his plot at 14-C Nursery Scheme in Talwandi area and took a loan of Rs 2.60 crore from the same branch.
However, the plot had already been sold eight years ago by his father.
The SP said that the accused made fake signature and stamp of the commissioner of Kota Nager Nigam in the required papers submitted to the bank for loan.
A case in the matter was registered in October 2012 in City Kotwali following which a probe was conducted, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical