Two held in Rs 3.13 cr bank fraud in Kota
Kota: Four months after a couple allegedly cheated a nationalised bank of Rs 3.13 crore, police have arrested two persons who had acted as guaranteers to help them secure the loan.
The couple, Sandeep Singh Atwal (32) and his wife Ramanjeet Kaur (29) are still absconding, police said.
Kaur had earlier filed an application for interim bail but was rejected by the High Court and the police is conducting raids at possible locations to nab them.
Police have arrested Sandeep`s father Ajeet Singh and uncle Raghuveer Singh yesterday who were the guaranteers for the loan, Superintendent of Police, Kota, Praphulla Kumar said.
Atwal and Kaur had set up a firm in partnership named RS Enterprises in Kota and they individually took a loan of Rs 26.50 lakhs each from Rampura branch of Bank of Baroda in October 2011, police said in a press note.
Later, Sandeep mortgaged his plot at 14-C Nursery Scheme in Talwandi area and took a loan of Rs 2.60 crore from the same branch.
However, the plot had already been sold eight years ago by his father.
The SP said that the accused made fake signature and stamp of the commissioner of Kota Nager Nigam in the required papers submitted to the bank for loan.
A case in the matter was registered in October 2012 in City Kotwali following which a probe was conducted, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA