Two killed as train hits track maintenance trolley
Gwalior: Two men engaged in railway track maintenance work died after being hit by a goods train in adjoining Uttar Pradesh, police said Friday.
They were on a track maintenance trolley which came under the goods train at Karari near Jhansi station, about 100 km from here, in Uttar Pradesh last evening, they said.
The deceased were identified as Shankar and Rakesh Rajput.
Following the mishap, angry railway employees blocked the track, causing delay to several trains, including the Shatabdi Express, they said.
Senior Railway officials visited the spot and persuaded them to disperse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'