Two killed as train hits track maintenance trolley
Gwalior: Two men engaged in railway track maintenance work died after being hit by a goods train in adjoining Uttar Pradesh, police said Friday.
They were on a track maintenance trolley which came under the goods train at Karari near Jhansi station, about 100 km from here, in Uttar Pradesh last evening, they said.
The deceased were identified as Shankar and Rakesh Rajput.
Following the mishap, angry railway employees blocked the track, causing delay to several trains, including the Shatabdi Express, they said.
Senior Railway officials visited the spot and persuaded them to disperse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth