Two killed as train hits track maintenance trolley
Gwalior: Two men engaged in railway track maintenance work died after being hit by a goods train in adjoining Uttar Pradesh, police said Friday.
They were on a track maintenance trolley which came under the goods train at Karari near Jhansi station, about 100 km from here, in Uttar Pradesh last evening, they said.
The deceased were identified as Shankar and Rakesh Rajput.
Following the mishap, angry railway employees blocked the track, causing delay to several trains, including the Shatabdi Express, they said.
Senior Railway officials visited the spot and persuaded them to disperse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal