Two killed as train hits track maintenance trolley
Gwalior: Two men engaged in railway track maintenance work died after being hit by a goods train in adjoining Uttar Pradesh, police said Friday.
They were on a track maintenance trolley which came under the goods train at Karari near Jhansi station, about 100 km from here, in Uttar Pradesh last evening, they said.
The deceased were identified as Shankar and Rakesh Rajput.
Following the mishap, angry railway employees blocked the track, causing delay to several trains, including the Shatabdi Express, they said.
Senior Railway officials visited the spot and persuaded them to disperse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video