Two killed as train hits track maintenance trolley
Gwalior: Two men engaged in railway track maintenance work died after being hit by a goods train in adjoining Uttar Pradesh, police said Friday.
They were on a track maintenance trolley which came under the goods train at Karari near Jhansi station, about 100 km from here, in Uttar Pradesh last evening, they said.
The deceased were identified as Shankar and Rakesh Rajput.
Following the mishap, angry railway employees blocked the track, causing delay to several trains, including the Shatabdi Express, they said.
Senior Railway officials visited the spot and persuaded them to disperse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research