Two killed in blast at mobile software downloading shop
Kota (Rajasthan): Two persons were killed and one was seriously injured in a blast in a computer monitor at a mobile software downloading shop here Monday afternoon, police said.
Police have ruled out any terror angle in the blast which took place in the shop located in Subjimandi area in the district.
"Excess of electric supply from the transformer to the monitor is likely to be the reason for the blast," said Sanjay Sharma, Gumanpura Police Station Circle In Charge.
However, officials from the electricity department were yet to visit the scene to acertain if the blast was due to excess power supply from the transformer, he said.
Shop owner Mohan Lal, aged 30, and Puneet (13) were killed in the blast, Sharma said ruling out any terror angle in the incident.
Pankaj (12) was severely injured and was undergoing treatment at Maharao Bheem Singh (MBS) Hospital.
Mohan Lal was downloading the items for Puneet and Pankaj when the blast took place in the computer monitor, the police officer said.
According to eye-witnesses, the distributor point of the shop`s transformer blasted first leading to the blast in the monitor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog