Two killed in blast at mobile software downloading shop
Kota (Rajasthan): Two persons were killed and one was seriously injured in a blast in a computer monitor at a mobile software downloading shop here Monday afternoon, police said.
Police have ruled out any terror angle in the blast which took place in the shop located in Subjimandi area in the district.
"Excess of electric supply from the transformer to the monitor is likely to be the reason for the blast," said Sanjay Sharma, Gumanpura Police Station Circle In Charge.
However, officials from the electricity department were yet to visit the scene to acertain if the blast was due to excess power supply from the transformer, he said.
Shop owner Mohan Lal, aged 30, and Puneet (13) were killed in the blast, Sharma said ruling out any terror angle in the incident.
Pankaj (12) was severely injured and was undergoing treatment at Maharao Bheem Singh (MBS) Hospital.
Mohan Lal was downloading the items for Puneet and Pankaj when the blast took place in the computer monitor, the police officer said.
According to eye-witnesses, the distributor point of the shop`s transformer blasted first leading to the blast in the monitor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform