Two more arrests in Bhanwari Devi case
Jodhpur: A team of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) headed by its director reached here from New Delhi on Thursday to inspect the place where Rajasthan nurse Bhanwari Devi`s body was disposed off after she was kidnapped and burnt to ashes on September 01.
A team from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) is also expected to reach here later today to collect forensic evidence from the site where Bhanwari Devi’s dead body was burnt.
The central probe agency managed to trace the location nearly four months after the nurse, whose kidnapping created a political storm leading to the arrest of several people, went missing.
The CBI yesterday took Om Prakash Bishnoi, who was arrested in connection with the case, to a place near Jaloda village where the nurse`s body was burnt.
Meanwhile more two people- Bhaira Ram and his son have also been arrested in the case. They are accused of supplying wood for burning the body of Bhanwari Devi.
Bishna Ram Bishnoi, an accused in Bhanwari Devi murder case, was yesterday arrested by police in Maharashtra and handed over to CBI.
Om Prakash is the brother of Bishna Ram Bishnoi. The CBI had announced a cash reward of Rs 5,00,000 on Bishna Ram saying that he was involved in the disposal of the nurse`s body.
They said Bishnoi, who belongs to Jaloda village, after taking possession of Bhanwari`s body from his gangster brother Om Prakash near Nevra Road, had headed back in the direction of Phalodi to dispose it off.
The probe agency has identified the area based on the statements of all the suspects alleged to have been involved in her disappearance.
The agency had also interrogated sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal Maderna`s wife Leela Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Bishnoi`s son in this connection.
While Maderna was arrested on December 3, Congress MLA Malkhan was arrested on December 19 for his alleged involvement in the case.
Earlier, the CBI had arrested Kailash Jakhar, from a truck on the Jodhpur-Ajmer highway following a tip off. Jakhar, an active member of the Bishnoi`s gang, carried a cash reward of Rs five lakh and was wanted by the CBI in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!