Two more arrests in Bhanwari Devi case
Jodhpur: A team of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) headed by its director reached here from New Delhi on Thursday to inspect the place where Rajasthan nurse Bhanwari Devi`s body was disposed off after she was kidnapped and burnt to ashes on September 01.
A team from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) is also expected to reach here later today to collect forensic evidence from the site where Bhanwari Devi’s dead body was burnt.
The central probe agency managed to trace the location nearly four months after the nurse, whose kidnapping created a political storm leading to the arrest of several people, went missing.
The CBI yesterday took Om Prakash Bishnoi, who was arrested in connection with the case, to a place near Jaloda village where the nurse`s body was burnt.
Meanwhile more two people- Bhaira Ram and his son have also been arrested in the case. They are accused of supplying wood for burning the body of Bhanwari Devi.
Bishna Ram Bishnoi, an accused in Bhanwari Devi murder case, was yesterday arrested by police in Maharashtra and handed over to CBI.
Om Prakash is the brother of Bishna Ram Bishnoi. The CBI had announced a cash reward of Rs 5,00,000 on Bishna Ram saying that he was involved in the disposal of the nurse`s body.
They said Bishnoi, who belongs to Jaloda village, after taking possession of Bhanwari`s body from his gangster brother Om Prakash near Nevra Road, had headed back in the direction of Phalodi to dispose it off.
The probe agency has identified the area based on the statements of all the suspects alleged to have been involved in her disappearance.
The agency had also interrogated sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal Maderna`s wife Leela Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Bishnoi`s son in this connection.
While Maderna was arrested on December 3, Congress MLA Malkhan was arrested on December 19 for his alleged involvement in the case.
Earlier, the CBI had arrested Kailash Jakhar, from a truck on the Jodhpur-Ajmer highway following a tip off. Jakhar, an active member of the Bishnoi`s gang, carried a cash reward of Rs five lakh and was wanted by the CBI in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea