Two newborn girls abandoned in Rajasthan, one dies
Jaipur: In a reflection of the dismal situation for the girl child in Rajasthan, two more newborns were on Friday abandoned in the state, including in the capital, while authorities are investigating an alarming trend of babies being killed by denying them feed or treatment.
A baby, born premature, was found lying near the tracks by people after Agra-Ajmer train left the station and died in the hospital.
"Either she was dumped from the toilet of a coach or someone put the girl when the train was stationary," Prem Chand, a GRP personnel who is investigating the case, said.
"RPF men reached the spot and she was shifted to a child hospital. Since the train had already left the station by the time we reached there, it could not be confirmed whether she was dumped from inside the coach," he said.
"We are investigating the matter," he said. The girl was born some time before she was dumped.
"She was put on ventilator support in the ICU ward but she could not survive and died in afternoon," Dr ML Gupta, who was taking care of the girl, said.
In another case, a newborn girl was abandoned in Pali district.
"Hearing cries of the child in the morning, a man Kalu Lal went towards the bushes in industrial area and found the girl wrapped in cloths," police said.
"She was admitted to Pali`s Bangar hospital where she is doing fine," they said, adding, that the parents could not be identified.
Meanwhile, an alarming trend of killing of girl child has emerged in Jaisalmer region which is notorious for female foeticide.
"Over the last few months, we investigated a few cases where newborn girls died due to lack of treatment and food or were poisoned to death," SP Jaisalmer Mamta Bishnoi told PTI.
"In two separate cases, fathers were found guilty of not providing medical treatment leading to the death of newborn girls whereas one case is under investigation," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands