Two siblings kidnapped in Thane
Thane: A man hunt has been launched to nab the alleged kidnappers of a brother-sister duo from the city, police said on Tuesday.
Labourer Nagnath Gunaji Gaikwad`s two children, a 10-year-old son and daughter aged 12, were allegedly kidnapped from his home at Kasarwadavali locality in the city by unknown persons on May 30 when he and his wife had gone out for work, Kasarwadavali police station sub-inspector A S Walzade said.
When the children`s mother, who works as a maid servant, returned home in the afternoon on May 30, she found the children missing.
The couple then carried out a search for the duo and later approached police and filed a missing person complaint.
Even after 48 hours when the children could not be traced, police yesterday booked a case of kidnapping under section 363 of the IPC.
A search was on to nab the culprits and trace the children, Walzade said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur