Two siblings kidnapped in Thane
Thane: A man hunt has been launched to nab the alleged kidnappers of a brother-sister duo from the city, police said on Tuesday.
Labourer Nagnath Gunaji Gaikwad`s two children, a 10-year-old son and daughter aged 12, were allegedly kidnapped from his home at Kasarwadavali locality in the city by unknown persons on May 30 when he and his wife had gone out for work, Kasarwadavali police station sub-inspector A S Walzade said.
When the children`s mother, who works as a maid servant, returned home in the afternoon on May 30, she found the children missing.
The couple then carried out a search for the duo and later approached police and filed a missing person complaint.
Even after 48 hours when the children could not be traced, police yesterday booked a case of kidnapping under section 363 of the IPC.
A search was on to nab the culprits and trace the children, Walzade said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack