Two tiger cubs found dead in Ranthambhore National Park
Jaipur: Two tiger cubs were Saturday found
dead under mysterious circumstances in the Ranthambhore
National Park (RNP) in Rajasthan`s Sawaimadhopur district, 175
km from here, a top wildlife official said.
"Carcasses of two male cubs were spotted near Taleda
village located in the North of RNP along with two carcasses
of goats," R N Mehrotra, the state Chief Wildlife Warden said.
The cause of their death was yet to be ascertained, he
said, adding that, however, that prima facie it seemed like a
case of poisoning.
When asked to clarify whether it was a poaching
incident, he said it was too early to draw such a conclusion.
The carcasses have been sent for post-mortem.
According to a census conducted by the forest
department in May 2009, there were 40 tigers in and around
Ranthambore National Park and Sawai Madhopur wildlife
Meanwhile, People for Animal (NGO) state convenor
Babulal Jaju demanded that a high-level probe be ordered into
the deaths by the state government.
Mehrotra said the carcasses were found by RNP search
parties while they were on routine tracking.
Mehrotra said the pug marks of the cubs were not seen
in the area for the last couple of days. Hence, their
disappearance was being suspected, he added.
RNP lies on the junction of Aravalli hills and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday