Two youths swept away by rains in Raj
Jaipur: A 25-year-old youth died on Sunday after he was swept away in a swollen stream amidst heavy downpour on Khandar road in Sawaimadhopur here, police said.
The accident took place around 7:30 am when bike-borne Hukumchand, a cashier in a foodgrain store, and his friend Tarun (23) were returning home after attending a family function in the city, SHO, Kotwali Thana, Girdharilal Dhaka said.
As it was raining heavily, the rider lost control over the vehicle and it slipped into a stream.
The victims were swept away by the gushing water, he said.
However, later, the body of Hukumchand was recovered from the stream while Tarun, who works in a grocery shop, is yet to be traced, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing