Two youths swept away by rains in Raj
Jaipur: A 25-year-old youth died on Sunday after he was swept away in a swollen stream amidst heavy downpour on Khandar road in Sawaimadhopur here, police said.
The accident took place around 7:30 am when bike-borne Hukumchand, a cashier in a foodgrain store, and his friend Tarun (23) were returning home after attending a family function in the city, SHO, Kotwali Thana, Girdharilal Dhaka said.
As it was raining heavily, the rider lost control over the vehicle and it slipped into a stream.
The victims were swept away by the gushing water, he said.
However, later, the body of Hukumchand was recovered from the stream while Tarun, who works in a grocery shop, is yet to be traced, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption