U`khand floods: Over 800 stranded people back in Rajasthan
Jaipur: As many as 884 people from Rajasthan, who were stranded in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, were brought to the state on Sunday.
They returned to the state in 26 roadways buses, said Kuldeep Ranka, Principal Secretary of the Calamity and Relief Department.
Seven more officers of the Rajasthan Administrative Services ware sent to Uttarkhand to monitor relief and rescue operations for the people from Rajasthan.
A medical team of 19 doctors from the state was also camping in Uttarakhand, Ranka said.
Thirty-seven sick piligrims from Rajasthan were given medical aid at the Dehradun airport while 322 were undergoing treatment in various hospitals in Rishikesh and Hardwar, he said.
Some patients were also given financial assistance for medical treatment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video