U`khand floods: Over 800 stranded people back in Rajasthan
Jaipur: As many as 884 people from Rajasthan, who were stranded in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, were brought to the state on Sunday.
They returned to the state in 26 roadways buses, said Kuldeep Ranka, Principal Secretary of the Calamity and Relief Department.
Seven more officers of the Rajasthan Administrative Services ware sent to Uttarkhand to monitor relief and rescue operations for the people from Rajasthan.
A medical team of 19 doctors from the state was also camping in Uttarakhand, Ranka said.
Thirty-seven sick piligrims from Rajasthan were given medical aid at the Dehradun airport while 322 were undergoing treatment in various hospitals in Rishikesh and Hardwar, he said.
Some patients were also given financial assistance for medical treatment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Pakistan's Hafiz Saeed managed the ISIS attack in Kabul that killed 80 people?
- The list of top 10 most valuable football clubs is out – See here!
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day