U`khand floods: Over 800 stranded people back in Rajasthan
Jaipur: As many as 884 people from Rajasthan, who were stranded in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, were brought to the state on Sunday.
They returned to the state in 26 roadways buses, said Kuldeep Ranka, Principal Secretary of the Calamity and Relief Department.
Seven more officers of the Rajasthan Administrative Services ware sent to Uttarkhand to monitor relief and rescue operations for the people from Rajasthan.
A medical team of 19 doctors from the state was also camping in Uttarakhand, Ranka said.
Thirty-seven sick piligrims from Rajasthan were given medical aid at the Dehradun airport while 322 were undergoing treatment in various hospitals in Rishikesh and Hardwar, he said.
Some patients were also given financial assistance for medical treatment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi