Under-trial commits suicide in Jodhpur Jail
Jaipur: An under-trial, serving a jail term at the Jodhpur Central Jail for murder, allegedly committed suicide early on Sunday by hanging himself in his cell.
Body of Mohammed Javed, 40, was found hanging from the iron frame of the cell`s ventilator, Jail Superintendent Rakesh Kalyan Sharma said. His body was sent for postmortem.
Javed was in jail since April this year after being convicted under section 302 of IPC for killing his brother.
The inmate used a towel to kill himself, Sharma said, adding that possible cause behind the suicide is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP