Under-trial commits suicide in Jodhpur Jail
Jaipur: An under-trial, serving a jail term at the Jodhpur Central Jail for murder, allegedly committed suicide early on Sunday by hanging himself in his cell.
Body of Mohammed Javed, 40, was found hanging from the iron frame of the cell`s ventilator, Jail Superintendent Rakesh Kalyan Sharma said. His body was sent for postmortem.
Javed was in jail since April this year after being convicted under section 302 of IPC for killing his brother.
The inmate used a towel to kill himself, Sharma said, adding that possible cause behind the suicide is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon