Unique match-making event on Sunday
Jaipur: Till now, life was a saga of sufferings and miseries for 22-year-old orphan and HIV positive Hina (name changed), but now she is all set to start
a new innings from tomorrow by tying the nuptial knot with a
boy also afflicted with AIDS.
Rather than keeping it a secret affair, both have decided
to send a positive message to society by holding a grand
marriage ceremony in a traditional manner.
Over 200 invitation cards have already been distributed
for tomorrow`s marriage function and the list of invitees
includes public representatives.
The two came together through the efforts of an
organisation Rajasthan Network of People living with HIV
The 24-year-old boy lives with his family in Bharatpur
while the girl stays in a rehabilitation centre of Pehal
"It is the first of its kind marriage here which is
being solemnised in a traditional manner despite the fact that
both the groom and the bride are HIV positive," Prerna Singh,
one of the organisers, said.
Singh, who is Managing Trustee of the Pehal organisation,
said the boy works as a salesman and is in a financially
sound position. "The support extended by his family has been
exemplary," she added.
"We want to live life with dignity for which my family
supported me. I hope the wedding will spread a good message,"
the boy, who belongs to Brahmin community, said.
"It will be memorable moment for me and a new life,"
Hina, who is also caretaker of a rehabilitation centre, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy