Unique match-making event on Sunday
Jaipur: Till now, life was a saga of sufferings and miseries for 22-year-old orphan and HIV positive Hina (name changed), but now she is all set to start
a new innings from tomorrow by tying the nuptial knot with a
boy also afflicted with AIDS.
Rather than keeping it a secret affair, both have decided
to send a positive message to society by holding a grand
marriage ceremony in a traditional manner.
Over 200 invitation cards have already been distributed
for tomorrow`s marriage function and the list of invitees
includes public representatives.
The two came together through the efforts of an
organisation Rajasthan Network of People living with HIV
The 24-year-old boy lives with his family in Bharatpur
while the girl stays in a rehabilitation centre of Pehal
"It is the first of its kind marriage here which is
being solemnised in a traditional manner despite the fact that
both the groom and the bride are HIV positive," Prerna Singh,
one of the organisers, said.
Singh, who is Managing Trustee of the Pehal organisation,
said the boy works as a salesman and is in a financially
sound position. "The support extended by his family has been
exemplary," she added.
"We want to live life with dignity for which my family
supported me. I hope the wedding will spread a good message,"
the boy, who belongs to Brahmin community, said.
"It will be memorable moment for me and a new life,"
Hina, who is also caretaker of a rehabilitation centre, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof