Unprecedented security for ODI match at Jaipur`s SMS stadium
Jaipur: Unprecedented security cover was
on Friday extended to the Sawai Man Singh Stadium, the venue for
the first India-South Africa ODI, where around 2,000 armed
security personnel have been deployed, a senior police officer
Special teams of sleuths headed by Superintendent of
Polices have been deployed at airport, inter-state bus stands,
railway station, Inspector General of Police (Range I) B L
Soni told agency.
All preventive measures were being ensured after a recent
information of possible terror strike was received, the IGP
said, adding the state police had alerted Jaipur Range I on
Special security cover has been provided for players at
the Sanganer airport, the Rajputana Sheraton Hotel, the road
routes, the SMS stadium, he said.
Five agencies of security and intelligence including RAF,
CRPF and ATS jawans have been posted at these places.
Only valid pass and ticket holders would be allowed entry
into the stadium as per the schedule of the February 21 match.
Plain and uniformed security personnel would be verifying the
spectators with valid entry tickets, he added.
Special traffic movement arrangements would be made on
the match day here, while armed convoy shall be provided for
both the teams during their travels, the IGP said.
Meanwhile, the state police have also alerted all check
posts along the neighbouring borders of Haryana, Uttar
Pradesh, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh, another senior officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city