Unruly scenes at Jaipur Municipality meeting
Jaipur: Unruly scenes were witnessed in the Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC) meeting on Friday, as a Congress corporator accused the municipal commissioner of corruption and threatened to jump off the visitors gallery.
At the start of the meeting, Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal had to face opposition from BJP councillors, who also tried to block her way to the chair.
After the initial protest by BJP councillors, Congress corporator Sanjay Verma went to the visitors gallery on the first floor of the building and displayed a poster accusing JMC commissioner Loknath Soni of corruption.
He threatened to jump into the house from the gallery.
However, the security personnel controlled the situation and brought him down.
Later in the day, a JMC official registered an FIR against Verma with Jyoti Nagar police station for damaging public property.
During the protest by the Congress corporator, railing of the visitors gallery was partially damaged.
Meanwhile, JMC officers have decided to boycott work on Monday against the allegation made by Congress councillor, official sources said.
In wake of the disturbances created by Congress and BJP councillors, the mayor thrice adjourned the meet.
"It is unfortunate that no agenda was discussed or passed and BJP is solely responsible for delay," Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal said after the meeting was ended after three adjournments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why