Unruly scenes at Jaipur Municipality meeting
Jaipur: Unruly scenes were witnessed in the Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC) meeting on Friday, as a Congress corporator accused the municipal commissioner of corruption and threatened to jump off the visitors gallery.
At the start of the meeting, Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal had to face opposition from BJP councillors, who also tried to block her way to the chair.
After the initial protest by BJP councillors, Congress corporator Sanjay Verma went to the visitors gallery on the first floor of the building and displayed a poster accusing JMC commissioner Loknath Soni of corruption.
He threatened to jump into the house from the gallery.
However, the security personnel controlled the situation and brought him down.
Later in the day, a JMC official registered an FIR against Verma with Jyoti Nagar police station for damaging public property.
During the protest by the Congress corporator, railing of the visitors gallery was partially damaged.
Meanwhile, JMC officers have decided to boycott work on Monday against the allegation made by Congress councillor, official sources said.
In wake of the disturbances created by Congress and BJP councillors, the mayor thrice adjourned the meet.
"It is unfortunate that no agenda was discussed or passed and BJP is solely responsible for delay," Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal said after the meeting was ended after three adjournments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing