Unruly scenes at Jaipur Municipality meeting
Jaipur: Unruly scenes were witnessed in the Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC) meeting on Friday, as a Congress corporator accused the municipal commissioner of corruption and threatened to jump off the visitors gallery.
At the start of the meeting, Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal had to face opposition from BJP councillors, who also tried to block her way to the chair.
After the initial protest by BJP councillors, Congress corporator Sanjay Verma went to the visitors gallery on the first floor of the building and displayed a poster accusing JMC commissioner Loknath Soni of corruption.
He threatened to jump into the house from the gallery.
However, the security personnel controlled the situation and brought him down.
Later in the day, a JMC official registered an FIR against Verma with Jyoti Nagar police station for damaging public property.
During the protest by the Congress corporator, railing of the visitors gallery was partially damaged.
Meanwhile, JMC officers have decided to boycott work on Monday against the allegation made by Congress councillor, official sources said.
In wake of the disturbances created by Congress and BJP councillors, the mayor thrice adjourned the meet.
"It is unfortunate that no agenda was discussed or passed and BJP is solely responsible for delay," Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal said after the meeting was ended after three adjournments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof