Unruly scenes in Raj Assembly over Excise Minister`s reply
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Assembly on Wednesday witnessed uproarious scenes as the Opposition BJP accused the Excise Minister Rajendra Pareek of misleading the House and demanded clarification on his reply.
Pareek informed the House that Rs 458 crore in revenue was due on liquor contractors for the period 2008-2011, in reply to a question from BJP MLA Jaswant Yadav.
Yadav alleged that the minister has misled the House by giving a different figure for the same question asked during the previous Budget session and demanded a clarification from him.
The minister, however, ignored this point and accused the BJP of creating unnecessary confusion. This irked the Opposition members, who led by their leader Gulab Chand Kataria, remained adamant on the issue of clarification.
The stand-off between the Treasury and the Opposition benches continued for a while following which the Speaker adjourned the House for half-an-hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics