Unruly scenes in Raj Assembly over Excise Minister`s reply
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Assembly on Wednesday witnessed uproarious scenes as the Opposition BJP accused the Excise Minister Rajendra Pareek of misleading the House and demanded clarification on his reply.
Pareek informed the House that Rs 458 crore in revenue was due on liquor contractors for the period 2008-2011, in reply to a question from BJP MLA Jaswant Yadav.
Yadav alleged that the minister has misled the House by giving a different figure for the same question asked during the previous Budget session and demanded a clarification from him.
The minister, however, ignored this point and accused the BJP of creating unnecessary confusion. This irked the Opposition members, who led by their leader Gulab Chand Kataria, remained adamant on the issue of clarification.
The stand-off between the Treasury and the Opposition benches continued for a while following which the Speaker adjourned the House for half-an-hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers