Unused bombs of 1965 Indo-Pak war recovered
Jaipur: As many as 60 bombs, which remained unused during the 1965 war, have been recovered in the premise of border home guard office in Barmer district, police said Thursday.
The explosives cache were recovered during a digging exercise in the area, yesterday.
"Many of the bombs are live and probably they were to be used during the 1965 war. Army has been informed and the bombs will be defused today," Superintendent of Police, Barmer, Rahul Bharat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital