Uproar by BJP in Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
Jaipur: Opposition BJP on Thursday created an
uproar in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly over alleged
misuse of MNGREA money by five IAS officers.
Raising the issue in the Assembly, BJP MLA Gulab Chand
Kataria alleged that the government did not take stern action
against the five officers who as District Collectors misused
MGNREGA money for purchase of computer, printers and laptops.
Rural Development Minister Mahendrajeet Singh
Malvia replied that all IAS officers were given warning after
the irregularity came to light.
It is a serious issue, Deputy Leader of Opposition
Ghanshyam Tiwari said and demanded an FIR against the accused.
The government should consider the issue seriously,
Leader of Opposition Vasundhara Raje said.
On the one hand the government projects itself as
transparent and on the other hand it lets off five IAS
officers, who are accused of severe financial irregularities,
Replying to the allegations, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
said that the high-level inquiry into the matter revealed that
there were only procedural lapses, not a scam.
"It was clear after the inquiry by a committee headed by
the Chief Secretary that there were only irregularities, not
any scandal," Gehlot said.
Targeting BJP, Gehlot said that several allegations were
levelled on previous BJP government but there was no reply by
the then government.
Following the allegations, BJP MLAs trooped in to the
well of the House and shouted slogans against the government
after which the House was adjourned for an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!