Uproar by BJP in Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
Jaipur: Opposition BJP on Thursday created an
uproar in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly over alleged
misuse of MNGREA money by five IAS officers.
Raising the issue in the Assembly, BJP MLA Gulab Chand
Kataria alleged that the government did not take stern action
against the five officers who as District Collectors misused
MGNREGA money for purchase of computer, printers and laptops.
Rural Development Minister Mahendrajeet Singh
Malvia replied that all IAS officers were given warning after
the irregularity came to light.
It is a serious issue, Deputy Leader of Opposition
Ghanshyam Tiwari said and demanded an FIR against the accused.
The government should consider the issue seriously,
Leader of Opposition Vasundhara Raje said.
On the one hand the government projects itself as
transparent and on the other hand it lets off five IAS
officers, who are accused of severe financial irregularities,
Replying to the allegations, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
said that the high-level inquiry into the matter revealed that
there were only procedural lapses, not a scam.
"It was clear after the inquiry by a committee headed by
the Chief Secretary that there were only irregularities, not
any scandal," Gehlot said.
Targeting BJP, Gehlot said that several allegations were
levelled on previous BJP government but there was no reply by
the then government.
Following the allegations, BJP MLAs trooped in to the
well of the House and shouted slogans against the government
after which the House was adjourned for an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured